10 reasons why the Big-O party was the best joint birthday party ever:
- Drinking and not getting embarrassingly drunk
- Hugging all my relatives because I was drunk, but not embarrassingly drunk, just lovey-dovey drunk.
- Looking at Saturn and the moon through Charlie’s kick-ass telescope, which was probably the biggest hit of the entire evening
- Guessing who answered which questions on the Big-O questionairre.
- Introducing my friends Andi & Charlie to all my crazy but beloved relatives.
- Seeing the looks on my neice’s faces when they realize that Venus’ husband is a hotshot guitar player in a band they’ve seen, and now they’re kicking their own asses because they’ve ditched the last few family events where they could have actually talked to him.
- Reaffirmation that there’s at least one cousin in my family I can actually relate to, even if our parents are step-sisters – which means we’re not actually related by blood but are, instead, spirit-cousins.
- C & A offering to drive me all the way home, even though it would have meant a 60 mile round trip (with gasoline at $3.29/gallon no less) – just because I wasn’t ready to go home yet. (I caved and rode home with mumsy and daddy. See #10 below).
- Knowing that I have the best family and friends a person could possibly want.
- Me, my brother and my parents singing along to my dad’s Merle Haggard CD in the car on the way home and feeling secure in the fact that I wasn’t the only one singing off-key.