Perspective: The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance.
After musing on the only child’s recent academic fuck-ups, I’ve attempted to put them in their rightful place as they relate to my world.
- I can’t make him do what he’s supposed to do.
- I can hold him responsible only as far as my checkbook will allow.
- I can only hope that he’ll look back on this time and be appropriately pissed off at himself for screwing up a good opportunity to get his college paid for
So, the plan is to give him one more semester to redeem himself which means:
- He’ll have to get the loans, etc. to do his fall semester
- He’ll have to redo at least a couple of classes and improve his GPA
or…. mommy will cut off his monthly stipend. He knows he has to be enrolled full time in order for me to maintain his insurance benefits and continue subsidizing part of his rent, so maybe this is the virtual slap in the face he needs.
Said child was appropriately chagrined and ashamed of himself today when confronted about his poor showing at school, and when asked why he let things get this bad, his reply was: “I didn’t try hard enough.” Fair enough. I was glad he didn’t try to blame his professors, or his job, or anything else. He took the blame like a man, which is pretty good considering he was raised primarily by a woman (Obsevant now pats herself on the back and stands just a little taller).
At least he’s not one of these guys
Perspective: The Mayan calandar ends in 2012. Those who channel Ra claim he says we will end our 3rd density cycle in 2011. Christians believe Armageddon is imminent.
We might not even be here in a few years, so what’s a few bad grades anyway? Dance, sister, dance.